You would like to include a photo or image on your webpage.
Please follow the instructions below to upload an image to your webpage.
- File Size. Make sure all images are appropriately sized. Making the picture the right size is important. Think about the page layout, and the position in which you want to see the image. Suggested sizing:
- The average web page is about 800-1000 pixels wide.
- Around 400 by 400 pixels or smaller for a single page image, depending on page layout
- File Name. Do not use any spaces or special characters in image file names. Use only alphanumerics (A-Z or 1-9) and underscores (_). Using spaces or other characters in the filename may cause the image upload, preview or insert operations to fail.
- Format. The image manager supports JPEG, TIF, BITMAP, GIF, and PNG images, as well as PDF document uploads.
- Position and Alignment. Think about the position of each image on the page, and the alignment of the image and the text. Place your cursor in the text area where you want the image, and consider how you want the text to align.
UPLOADING AN IMAGE
- To upload an image from your Admin Area, go to Website -> Pages, and click on the page where you wish to add an image.
- Scroll to the Page Body which is a page editor.
- Click on the image tool icon (second row right)
This will open the Image Properties box.
- Click Browse Server.
- Click on + Upload and search your computer for the file you wish to use.
Once you find it, click on it. This will upload the image to the server.
- Once the image has been added Double Click on it to add it to the desired page.
Note: Some users might see a box with a red circle on the page. If you do, click on that box to delete it.You should see your photo in the editor now. Just click update to save your changes. When you refresh your public webpage, you will see your new photo.
INSERTING AN IMAGE
If you already have an image saved to the server, here's how you can insert that image onto a page.
- Press the image tool icon
- Browse server.
- Right click on the image - it appears as a new thumbnail sized icon in the library manager.
- You will see the image URL and the image loading in the preview.
- Click ok.
- Save the page.
- Review the page on your website.
Reviewed LB 02/22/2015